Saturday, May 4, 2013

On the Verge

I'm going address Mr. Coffee first. He's death. 
Moving on to posters:

I think a series of silhouette posters would be really cool. They are going through time and space so they are kind of a blur really. They aren't stationary in any one place. They get somewhere they say some things (which are interesting in and of themselves, especially the fact that the playwright is very strict on how he wants everything to sound because the language is so important), and then they move on leaving a proverbial hole where they used to be, if that makes sense. I also think simplistic posters are the best. You don't want to give everything away in the poster, you want to intrigue.

One would be white with a black silhouette of an egg beater, and it would say “Marsupial’s Unicycle.”

One would be the outline of three heads, the first facing left, one facing the middle, and one facing right. The tagline for that would be “On the brink. On the beach. On the verge.”

Then the last of the series would be a black outline of forest and trees, with a white path going through it and it would read “A jungle has its order, of course.” Which is funny because is there order in their life? Not really.

The point of these posters obviously is to garner attention. People aren't going to understand what they mean, but I think that will cause a curiosity that will bring an audience. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Georgia I like the poster idea a lot! If I saw a poster with a silhouette of an eggbeater and it said “Marsupial’s Unicycle” as the tagline, I would really want go see that play just for the confusing and funny poster. I think I actually laughed out loud when I read that first poster idea. The second one is also nice and intriguing. You’ve spiked my interest, and that’s great since that’s what you are going for. I’m confused, humored, and want to come see this play! I also really prefer simplistic or minimalist movie posters. Here check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that simple and ambiguous posters work best. These would definitely peak my interests about the play. I especially like the white path through the jungle. The women are only able to move in one direction through time and on one path. They really don't have any control over their destiny, and yet they think that they are choosing these paths. Well done.

    ReplyDelete